Saturday, January 16, 2010

Daisy Investigates





Hi Ya All!

I'm Daisy.  Mom calls me Daisy May.  I am 10 years old.  I will be 11 on April 1.  I am part Rottweiler and part Terrier.  Long story, that I will not go into.


On my morning walk with Dad, I found this mound of dirt in the middle of the field.


Wonder what critter dug this?

The entrance is the top photo and the exit is the bottom photo.


Ummm, a rabbit?  a coyote?  a gopher?  a ground hog?

I am not sure.  I am new at being a farm dog and haven't seen lot of other critters.

I hear the coyotes howl at night and I worry about the four little kittens that live in the barn.  There mother, Ginger, takes really good care of them.  I even let them slip into my kennel for water when they drink their bowl dry.

2 comments:

  1. What about nearby footprints in the snow? They should give you a clue as to who the inhabitant(s) of this earthy home is :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hubby tried that. There are so many animals in this area-deer, turkey, rabbits, etc., that the prints got distorted. We are going to check with the Kansas Wildlife to see if they can help us out.

    Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete